Ad header

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Poor Showing for Deer Season.

Not to happy about the results of the second deer season. Thursday I sat in the stand for about 5 or 6 hours total. Friday was 8 hours. Yesterday was 11 hours and today 3. In my total of 27ish or so hours of hunting I saw 1 lousy deer. And this wasn't even from my stand. This was walking into my stand Friday morning. I think the rain just before season and the freezing temps Thursday night is the reason. The south part of the property that connects with the other larger portion of woods was flooded during the rain and then it froze so that the south part of the property was mostly ice. The deer which normally move into the property from the South went around the ice. That is my theory anyway. So this is the first year in the 4 years that I didn't get a second deer. It will be a long wait for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment